Professional, entirely handmade string instrument of highest quality with beautiful flower decoration
This is a professional tamboura instrument handmade by the best Bulgarian string instruments master N. Stefanov. The tamboura is of perfect make and is intended for professional musicians. The instrument is UNIQUE, entirely handcrafted. It is of a skillful craftsmanship resulting from master's hard work, creativity and rich professional experience. The wood material used is 15 years old, dried and processed via special traditional technology.
This special make Tamboura keeps the standard instrument characteristics but it is improved with a corpus made of Mahogany that was build after the old technology of making traditional Greek buzuki instruments. That way the instrument received a bigger corpus and deeper resonator compared to the traitional ones. The corpus consists of carefully agglutinated staves of Mahogany tree. Despite the bigger corpus size the instrument is less heavy than usualy and has a beautiful deep sound, resonant in the high register. The top part is made of spruce tree, especially selected old material of the highest quality. There is beautifully painted flower decoration that makes the instrument a real peace of art. The special tamboura is appropriate for a performance of both kind of music traditional and classical.
Our professional string instrument for orchestra has the following characteristics:
- the top part of the neck of the instrument is made of Acacia, and flower decoration ; pegs for tightening the strings; the same keys as the ones typical for the guitar.
- neck base, made of Acacia
- bigger resonant corpus consisting of thick top plate, made of spruce/ white pine tree/ and back, base part of mahogany, the block of wood hollowed out, not made of separate parts that have been glued together (skafto);
- metal string holder at the bottom of the top plate.
- 8 metal strings in 4 pairs , pitched in keys, most appropriate for orchestra performances - kato tradicionna BG orkestrova tambura - E, B, G, D (mi, si, sol, re) , or like Greec bouzouki D, A, F, C (re, la, fa, do). The strings are lifted over the resonant plate by a bridge, called "donkey".
The donkey is made of mahogany. The fingerboard is made of mahogany, too.
If you wish to have a case with the tamboura, we can offer you one, too. If you buy the instrument together with the case, we can send you both at once and you will safe from the shipping costs. Thus the case will cost you only 65 USD (shipping included).
Other instrument measures are standard for tamboura instrument, but with wider and deeper body:
Length 92,5 cm / 36,5 inches
Width 25,5 cm/10 inches
Depth: 10 cm/4 inches
Length: 39 cm/15,4 inches
Mensure (the distance from the last three keys on the neck top to the bridge) - 61 cm / 24".
The maker of the tamboura we offer you is known for his talent on a national and Balkan region level. He is a third-generation master: both his father and grand father were into the string instruments making. He have already made over 100 instruments sent all over the world. His big experience and talent helps him making folk instruments of distinguished quality and impressive tone range.
The instrument's quality is guaranteed with a certificate issued by Shop Bulgaria ltd. and the master himself.
The instrumentut we are offering distinguishes with its unique form, decoration master’s workmanship with impressive durability.
The sound and materials quality are guaranteed.
Instrument of such kind is custom made only. We have one available at the moment. Don’t miss your unique chance to buy it right away!!!! Please see the pictures provided.
Perfect instrument for advanced musicians
Extremely safe shipment