The gadulka we offer has 3 main strings and 11 sympathetic ones. It is of a natural, light color.
The instrument has the following characteristics:
- neck and top part of the neck of the instrument, made of Acacia-tree
- corpus consisting of thick resonant top plate, made of spruce/ white pine tree/ and back, base part of Acacia-tree, the block of wood hollowed out, not made of separate parts that have been glued together (skafto); handmade via old traditional master technology.
- at the bottom is the black, horn-made plate to which the strings are attached
- 3 main metal strings where the bow glides on. They are pitched in A-E-A (la-mi-la) - this is typical of Bulgarian Trakia Gadulka. The strings are lifted over the resonant plate by the bridge, called "donkey".
- 11 resonant metal strings ("podglasnici"). They are placed further down and the bow does not touch them . They only produce sound when affected by the sound vibration of the three main strings placed over them.
- a bow with sheaf of fibers
- wooden key for easily pitching the different strings
- a certificate, stamped by the National Association of the Craftsmen.
The instrument measures are:
Length 65 cm / 25,6"
Width 20 cm / 7,9"
Mensure (the distance from the last three keys on the neck top to the bridge) - 36 cm / 14,2 "